Our website uses cookies. By using this website, you have provided consent for us to continue using cookies to improve your user experience. Your privacy matters to us. To disable cookies, you may read our Privacy Policy for more information.

Back to top

Visas and Passes

Your spouse may apply for Singapore citizenship if he/she has been a Singapore PR for at least two years and married for at least two years before the date of application. You may apply for your overseas-born children to become Singapore citizens if either you or your spouse is a Singapore citizen.

Yes, you may sponsor your parents to stay in Singapore using a long-term social visit pass. The pass is valid for five years and is renewable.

Your children will have to apply for PR on their own merits.

All applicants must fulfill these requirements:

  • Must be a Private Limited Company registered with Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority. Applicant need not register the company first. If registered, it must not be more than six months from date of application.

  • Company must have at least S$50,000 paid-up-capital. A bank statement, from the Singapore-based company bank account, of at least S$50,000 is required for verification.

  • The business must not be illegal.

  • Applicant must hold at least 30% of shares in the company.

In addition to the above criteria, there are other requirements to fulfil. Visit the Ministry of Manpower website for more details.

Applicants can submit the application form at any SingPost office. An acknowledgement letter will be sent by mail within two weeks.

As the approval of an EntrePass application requires additional assessments, inputs from SPRING Singapore, and the processing time may take about six weeks from the date of receipt of the application.

If successful, you will be issued with an Approval-In-Principal (AIP). You are to register the company/business with the Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority (ACRA). Upon receipt of the company's Business Profile/Instant Information with ACRA, the applicant needs to send/fax the following documents to the Work Pass Division for processing of the EntrePass:
- A copy of the company's Business Profile/Instant Information; and
- Approval In-Principle Letter.

Documents can be sent to:
Work Pass Division
Ministry of Manpower
18 Havelock Road
Singapore 059764

The EntrePass is an Employment Pass for foreign entrepreneurs who would like to start businesses in Singapore.


From education and healthcare subsidies to public housing ownership eligibility, there are many benefits that a Singapore Permanent Resident (SPR) can enjoy. A SPR generally enjoy more benefits and privileges than a foreigner on a work pass.


One of the key obligations is the serving of National Service for second generation male Permanent Residents. Second generation male permanent residents refer to those who became SPRs under the sponsorship of another person, for e.g. their parents or spouse. Upon reaching 16 ½ years of age, they need to enlist for National Service (NS) and will serve two years of full-time NS at 18 years of age. Thereafter, they will serve intermittent duty as a citizen-soldier for a cycle of 10 years.

To become a PR, you will need to apply for an Entry Permit with the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA). For details on eligibility and application procedures, please visit the ICA website.

Back to all FAQs